The Hotel Group operated by Octagon Executive Lodge. (hereinafter referred to as the “The Hotel” as described in the bottom of the page) strongly recognizes the importance of the personal information of customers. We comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and guidelines, and strive for the proper handling and management of said information as follows.
Suggested text: Our website address is: https://octagonexecutivelodge.com
1． Collection of personal information
The The Hotel shall collect personal information for transactions relating to the hotel facilities and products (overnight stays, eating and drinking, parties, commodity sales, and provision of related products and services) and transactions with our business partners utilizing the following methods.
1．Direct collection from customers
- Phone conversations, documents (including electromagnetic records), business cards, verbal communication, Internet, etc.
2．Collection from individuals who have been granted legitimate authority by a customer
- Applicants for services, vendors, travel service providers, business partners, package product sellers, and other customer service providers
3．Collection from public sources
- Internet and newspapers, telephone directories, books and printed materials
2．Purposes of use of personal information
The The Hotel shall not use the personal information of its customers, in the area where the The Hotel is located, for any purpose other than the following unless such other use is required by law or regulation or such other purpose is presented separately.
1．Purposes of use based on the performance of obligations arising from an agreement with a customer
- (1)Transactions relating to the hotel facilities and products (overnight stays, parties, meals, commodity sales, and provision or sales of related products and services as well as event hosting), communications relating to transactions with our business partners and other transactions, shipping of products and payment/settlement of those costs, and matters relating to the above;
- (2)Management of member information and provision of services to the members of the membership association
- (3)Response to inquires and requests received by the hotel
- (4)Creation, installation and preservation of a guest register as prescribed in laws and regulations, etc.
2．Purposes of use based on the consent of customers
- (1)To ensure appropriate provision of information and security on the hotel website, as well as statistical analysis related to the maintenance and management of the website, based on information such as cookies, IP addresses, types of browsers and date and time of access collected through the Hotel’s website.
- (2)The The Hotel shall use personal information for the following marketing purposes with the consent of the customer.
- ・Notification and sending of information, advertisements, questionnaires, etc. relating to hotel facilities as well as sales activities of tenants and partner companies to customers via e-mail, postal mail, courier services, telephone, facsimile or other means.
- ・To grasp the situation of utilization of the hotel services, we shall analyze browsing history, transaction history, etc, for the purpose of improvement, development and marketing of the facilities and services of tenants and partner companies, etc.
*The The Hotel cannot provide services unless customers provide relevant personal information. Customer’s consent may be withdrawn at any time.
3．Types of personal information
Personal information collected and retained by the The Hotel shall include the following.
- 1．Basic customer information (address, name, gender, date of birth, nationality, e-mail address, telephone number, facsimile number, and mailing address, etc.)
- 2．Additional customer information (occupation, employment (company name, address, telephone number, department, title), wedding anniversary date, family information (names, relationships, birth dates, etc.)
- 3．Payment information (credit card number, bank account information, billing address, etc.)
- 4．Service usage information (facility usage history, product purchase history, etc.)
- 5．Communication details (e-mails, website form entry details, facsimile, telephone notes, letters, questionnaires, etc.)
- 6．Information collected via security systems (security cameras, card keys, etc.)
- 7．Information automatically collected at the hotel website (cookies, IP address, browser type, date and time of access, etc.)
- 8．Hotel register information (address, name, occupation, nationality, passport number, age, previous place stayed, travel destination, arrival time/date, room type, etc.)
4．Retention period of personal information
The The Hotel will retain the personal information obtained from customers for the period necessary to achieve the above acquisition and processing purposes. The specific retention period is determined in consideration of the purpose of acquisition and processing of personal information, the nature of personal information, and the legal or business necessity of retaining personal information.
5．Management of personal information
The The Hotel shall strive to maintain accurate and up to date personal information to the extent it is necessary to achieve the purposes of use and shall take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized disclosure, loss or damage of such personal information and ensure safe management of such information by appointing persons responsible for and in charge of information management. We will promptly delete any personal information that is no longer necessary.
6．Disclosure of personal information to third parties and joint use
1．Limitations on disclosure to third parties
The The Hotel shall not disclose or transfer the personal information of any of our customers unless any of the following applies. If we use personal information jointly or transfer personal information due to business outsourcing, such joint use or transfer shall not be considered as disclosure or transfer to third parties.
- (1)Disclosure or transfer is agreed to by the customer;
- (2)Disclosure or transfer is required to the extent permitted by law;
- (3)Disclosure or transfer is required for the purpose of protecting human life, preventing injury or protecting property and consent cannot be easily obtained from the customer;
- (4)Disclosure or transfer is pursuant to cooperation with official administration of the national or local government and obtainment of the customer’s consent may prevent execution of such administration;
- (5)Disclosure or transfer of statistical data (based on which the customer is not identifiable);
- (6)Disclosure or transfer occurs in connection with a business succession including a merger, spin-off or business transfer;
2．Joint use of personal information
The The Hotel is constantly making group-wide efforts to improve our service level, in order to provide high value-added services to our customers. For this purpose, the The Hotel will jointly use personal information within the scope mentioned below under strict management.
- (1)Scope of parties involved in joint use of personal information
- The hotels and hotel chains listed on the bottom of the page.
- (2)Personal information items subject to joint use
- The same items described in “3. Types of personal information” in this Policy.
- (3)Purposes of use by the joint users
- The same purposes described in “2. Purposes of use of personal information” in this Policy.
- (4)Persons responsible for the management of jointly-used personal information
- Octagon Executive Lodge.
7．Collection and use of customers’ histories of visits to and activity on this website
The The Hotel is placing behavioral targeting advertising *1 and retargeting advertising *2 on specific websites by using programs provided by third-party providers such as ad serving operators.
- *1：Behavioral targeting advertising is a method of distributing advertisements that suit the interests of each user based on his/her search history and website browsing information.
- *2：Retargeting advertising is a method of distributing advertisements to users who have previously visited the website.
Third-party providers such as ad serving operators may collect and use the cookie information *3, etc. of customers who visit our website.
- *3：Cookies refers to a mechanism by which the usage history and input record transmitted between the browser and the server is saved in a text file on the customer’s computer when he or she browses a web page. The cookies configuration varies according to the browser, so please check it by visiting the “Help” menu of the browser you are using.
Cookies information, etc. collected by third-party companies such as ad serving operators shall be handled in accordance with such third-party companies’ privacy policies.
- *Opt-out is the process by which a customer can prevent information about him/her from being identified as specific to a certain browser, by opting out of (refusing) cookies.
8．Safety management measures
The The Hotel takes the following measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage of personal information and other appropriate management.
1．Formulation of basic policy
- ・We have established this basic policy to ensure the proper handling of personal information and to inform you of our counter for handling questions and complaints.
2．Development of discipline regarding the handling personal data
- ・Established personal information handling rules regarding handling methods, responsible persons / persons in charge, and their duties at each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion / disposal, etc.
3．Organizational safety management measures
- ・Established a person in charge of handling personal data (personal information manager)
- ・Clarify the range of employees who handle personal data and the personal data handled by the employees
- ・Established a system for reporting and contacting the person in charge of personal information management when a fact or sign that violates the law or internal regulations is grasped.
- ・Regularly self-inspect the handling situations of personal information and conduct audits by other departments and the third parties.
4．Human safety management measures
- ・Implement trainings regularly for employees regarding the handling of personal information.
- ・Regarding the confidentiality of personal information is described in the work regulations
5．Physical safety management measures
- ・In areas where personal information is handled, we will control the entry and exit of employees and restrict the equipment they bring in, and take measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing personal information.
- ・Take measures to prevent theft or loss of devices, electronic media, documents, etc. that handle personal information.
- ・When carrying equipment, electronic media, etc. that handle personal information, including transfering it within the office, take measures to prevent revealing personal information.
6．Technical safety management measures
- ・Implement access control to limit the range of personal information handled by the person in charge
- ・Introduced a mechanism to protect information systems that handle personal information from unauthorized access or software from the outside
9．Disclosure of personal information
The The Hotel shall promptly respond to the following requests made by the customers themselves, unless prohibited by law, after confirming the identity of the customer and in accordance with the rules of the The Hotel.
- 1．Purpose of use of personal information
- 2．Disclosure of personal information
- 3．Correction, addition or deletion of the contents of personal information
(*In the event that the details of the personal information are not factual.)
- 4．Suspension of use or deletion of personal information
(*When personal information is handled or acquired in violation of the law)
- 5．Suspension of disclosure of personal information to a third party
(*In the event that the personal information is disclosed to a third party in a manner that violates the provisions of law.)
11. Inquiries concerning Member’s personal information may be directed to the following:
Business Management Division, Planning Department, Octagon Executive Lodge.
Click here for inquiries via email
(Open 7:00am – 5:00pm)